While surfing the YouTube you must have come across the videos that are streamed live and that surely have gained your attention too. Live streaming is the fantastic thing that YouTube is offering to reach out your followers in real time. This is something where you can record and broadcast the video at the same time. This can be a useful tool in running a business where you can live stream your new launches; products and services and the events organized. So here in this Blog we will try to learn how to activate live streaming on your YouTube account. Before we start, you need to have a YouTube channel of course; if you do not own one, create the account. Also keep a note that YouTube account is linked to Google account; so in order to set up YouTube channel, you need to have a Google account.
If you already have a YouTube channel, follow the steps in this guide to make yourself capable to live stream your next event. This is a onetime process to activate live streaming but a bit time consuming; so have patience.
To set up your first sole YouTube Live Event we’ll dry run the following:
- Verifying and activating your YouTube channel for Live Events
- Creating a live stream post
Verify your account and activate for Live Events
To make your account free from live streaming restrictions; you need to get it verified. Verification is done so that your identity can be justified to avoid spam or abusive videos upload. Below are the steps to verify your account and activate live streaming tool.
- Step 1: Sign in to your YouTube account. Create if you do not have one.
- Step 2: Click the camera plus sign icon, and select “Go Live.”
- Step 3: You can verify your YouTube channel by choosing one of the provided options. The options are like whether you would like to receive a onetime text or phone call. Enter your phone number.
- Step 4: Type the one-time code that you receive.
- Step 5: It will take 24 hours to get live streaming activated on your YouTube channel. Once it is activated, you are ready to have your first live stream!
Well a verified account has one more pretty good advantage i.e you can upload a video of more than 15 minutes from a verified account.
Bringing a Live Program on YouTube
Follow the steps bellow to create a Live Event on the beta version of YouTube Studio:
- Step 1: Sign-in to your YouTube account where you have already activated live streaming. Click on the camera plus icon and ‘Go Live’.
- Step 2: Then after you need to enter the details like ‘Title for the Live Event’, Date you want to go live and to keep your event listed or unlisted. You need to enter all the basic info, Streaming detail before going Live.
- Step 3: Once you Click Next, you will be asked to take a picture for your thumbnail. You can upload any image since you have created your Live Event.
- Step 4: Hit the Share option. And you successfully uploaded your live event on YouTube. You can copy the link that appeared. This is the link you can use for sharing your video on other social platforms.
That’s all. Now you can live stream on your YouTube beta version on your own.