YouTube videos are not only limited to your phones or laptops/computers anymore. You can watch them on your big TV screen as well. But How to activate YouTube on your TV? Well it is not necessary that you need to have a smart TV to activate YouTube on it. There are number of devices like Amazon Fire TV, Play Station3, Xbox etc. available in market to help you watch YouTube videos on your normal TV as well. Well whatsoever you are using, either it is some external device or smart TV itself; in both the cases you need to go through the activation process.
These devices and smart TV built-in YouTube application generate a 8-digit code which we call as Activation Code and the process is done through a google account.
Procedure to Activate YouTube on TV
- Firstly, open the application on your device, and go to ‘Settings’. Look for the option of ‘Link device’. Click on the same and you will get an activation code for youtube.com. This activation code has all the potential to connect to new devices.
- Now, log-in to your YouTube account and access the ‘Connected Device's’ category. The browser will prompt for the youtube.com/activate activation code which have had been displayed on the TV. Click “Add”. This is just a one-time process which is to be done at the very initial stage of setting up the account. Upon reusing, you do not need to request a new activate code.
- Another way of retrieving the activation code is as follows:
- - Go directly on YouTube and Log in to your account
- - This will initiate the activation code output to the screen.
- - Now on the computer/laptop or mobile phone visit youtube.com/activate, log in to your account and hereby enter the code received on the device.
- - Once the code is entered you will get a pick - click “Allow” and now you can control the app on the device directly from the system.
So just Sit back, relax and watch your favorite YouTube Channel on TV.