Roku is an amazing device which comes up with the fun facility of streaming on your big TV screen. This really popular device brings in the wider support for the YouTube app to stream videos. Roku conventionally supports YouTube app. However, if you wish to have individualized content suggestions and channel support, you have get YouTube activated on your Roku System. This can be done by the help of youtube.com/activate.
How to activate YouTube on Roku
Below mentioned are the steps to activate YouTube on Roku by making use of youtube.com/activate.
- Connect your Roku Device to a Wi-Fi network so that it can have an access to internet. Once connected, sign-in to your Roku account. If you do not have a Roku account; create one. This will just take couple of minutes.
- Press the Home button on the device remote. This will lead you to the Home page of Roku.
- Go to the Channel Store and Press OK button on the remote to continue.
- Check the list of ‘Top Free’ apps and search for YouTube. Hit the YouTube from the list.
- Afterwards from the menu, click ‘Add Channel’ button. This will add YouTube to your Roku channels. This may take a while to add YouTube to Roku channels.
- Once the YouTube is added; go to ‘My Channels’ and look for YouTube. Click to open
- Now, go to the top-right of the window and choose Sign In from the Gear menu.
- Roku sometimes asks you to enter your Google username and password. Enter the credentials in the fields provided.
- Upon logging-in you will be offered with an 8-digit code on the screen. Stay on the screen as you will be needing this code further to complete the activation process; also, you can copy the code
- On some other device say computer/laptop/smartphone visit the website youtube.com/activate and sign in with your google credentials
- Now at this step you will be using the 8-digit code you received from the YouTube app on Roku, you have to enter the 8-digit code in the space provided.
- Click on ‘Allow Access’, by which the YouTube app will be activated.
This one –time process may take a while to complete as you need to download the YouTube on Roku device as well. But then you will be able to stream your favorite YouTube content via Roku with ease.